Sunday, March 20, 2011

Conflict resolution

Once on my job I was asked to work a few saturdays. I agreed, but there was a misunderstanding about which saturdays I was expected to work. My boss was expecting me to show up one weekend, but I was waiting for him to let me know what saturday he needed me to work. There was a big thing with him, and my co-workers were upset because they had a heavier work load since I was not there. To resolve the conflict, I went to my boss and explained what happened, and that I felt that there had been a miscommunication. I explained my point of view and asked what he was expecting of me. We were able to come to an agreement on what worked best for both of us. I also apologized to my co-workers for the inconvenience and everything was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment